Reading before class:streaming movie Mad Max: Fury Road 2015
Culturally Responsive Counseling with Asian American Men. “The Face of the Asian American Male Client” (pg 21-23).
WATCH SAVING FACE
- How is the idea of “face” incorporated into this film? How does it affect Wil’s relationship with Vivian?
- How is “face” maintained or affected in a lesbian relationship?
- Describe possible underlying meanings in the scene where Vivian teaches Wil how to fall without hurting herself.
- Wil was hesitant to fall at first but immediately did it as Vivian was close enough to kiss her.
- If you were to write the ending of this film, would you have written it differently? Why or why not? If you would, how would you have written it?
- Do you think it was realistic?
- What do you think about the line “Well at least she’s marrying a doctor”?